PMP® is a globally recognized project management certification that identifies qualified and quality project managers.
The PMP® Certification validates that project managers have the necessary skills to complete projects on time and within budget. The exam covers the entire project life cycle from initiation and planning through execution, acceptance, support and closure. Project managers are in high demand in the IT industry and are one of the higher paying sectors within IT.
The exam covers pre-project set-up/initiating; project planning; project execution and delivery; change, control and communication; project closure. A candidate is required to complete a period of time in a project management role before they’re eligible to sit for the exam, and are required to submit an application or complete additional hours of continuing education.
Candidate job roles include project manager, business analyst and project team member. Companies such as CDW, Microsoft, Alltel, IBM, Dell, Ricoh and the U.S. Government recognize the PMP® credential. Improve your skills and your marketability by achieving PMP® certification!
*PMP® and PMBOK® Guide are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.*
- Module 1: Project Management and Organizational Strategic Business Value
- Module 2: Organizational Culture and Project Governance
- Module 3: Project Management Knowledge Areas and Process Groups
- Module 4: Project Integration Management and Lifecycle of a Deliverable
- Module 5: Project Charter and Project Management Plan
- Module 6: Planning for and Identification of Project Stakeholders
- Module 7: Managing Stakeholder Engagement
- Module 8: Planning Human Resources and Acquiring the Project Team
- Module 9: Development and Management of the Project Team
- Module 10: Planning Project Communications
- Module 11: Managing and Controlling Project Communications
- Module 12: Planning and Establishing the Project Scope Baseline
- Module 13: Validation and Control of Project Scope
- Module 14: Planning for and Identification of Project Risks
- Module 15: Qualitative and Quantitative Project Risk Analyses
- Module 16: Planning and Control of Project Risks and Responses
- Module 17: Planning Quality Management
- Module 18: Quality Assurance and Project Quality Control
- Module 19: Planning, Defining and Sequencing Project Activities
- Module 20: Estimating Activity Resources and Durations
- Module 21: Development and Control of the Project Schedule
- Module 22: Planning and Estimation of Project Cost
- Module 23: Determining the Project Budget
- Module 24: Controlling Project Costs
- Module 25: Planning and Conducting Project Procurements
- Module 26: Control and Closure of Project Procurements
With IT University Online’s e-learning system, certification has never been simpler! You can be starting your IT career or taking your current IT skills to the next level in just a few short weeks. Our award winning learning system gives you all of the benefits of a live class at just a fraction of the cost. We’re so confident that our materials will produce results; we guarantee you’ll get certified on your FIRST attempt or your money back!
IT University’s courses include:
IT University uses only the industry’s finest instructors in the IT industry. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. IT University always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
IT University’s custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding.
This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. ITU Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing center. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
ITU has designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS) This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students and ITU employees, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
IT University knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
IT University’s self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.